Thursday, March 31, 2016

Wacky Wednesday from Whimsical Fabrics

Hey all you bloggers.... Come and See what's new at Sew Crafty Me, SC

Whimsical Fabrics has what is known as #wackywednesdayfabrics.  The owner Danielle, will get up a bundle of 5 coordinating fabrics and place them on Whimsical Fabrics FB page.  The fabric is usually available in 1yd, 1/2yd or fat quarter pieces.  It is available to anyone that wants them.  The prices are discounted some.  But the fun part is if you order them when they are put on the page and pay that day, she sends them out and you are challenged to make something using the fabrics.  The challenge is that the item you decide to make has to be presented by the following Wednesday.  This is not always an easy challenge to make when you are a very busy person.  But this last Wednesday, I decided to give it a go.

I am not the best seamstress, even though I've been sewing a really long time.  I just consider myself a crafter more than a sewist. Also, I don't use patterns much anymore.  But I found this really cute simplicity pattern #1378. This pattern is just adorable and had a variety of pattern designs, as you will see in these photos.  I also will share a picture of my Granddaughter Emmy in her Birthday outfit  and bunny dress that I made.

So without further adieu, here are the photo's.



I was awarded this cute ribbon.




Here is the front.  I LOVED the fabric which is by Art Gallery





And the back which has a bow attached that is part of the straps.  It is elastic in back.  I ruffled the coordinating fabric for the hemline and used a cute embroidery stitch on my Juki sewing machine. 





She loves her books and being read to, which I'm so thankful.




Here is the little Easter Bunny outfit I made without a pattern.  Really turned out cute too.  

Thanks so much for stopping by....

No comments: