Wednesday, February 5, 2014

ONE SMALL HEART....

Come check this out! HTD has a beautiful heart that I LOVE to use for different things....  It is called vintage luxe heart and was featured in Sew Beautiful a couple of years ago.  It has always been my favorite.  I enjoy working with antique/vintage linens, laces, and fabrics.... Here is my first one.

As you can see there are a variety of different antique, vintage and modern fabrics.  So my next use of this beautiful design was with a pillowcase dress. Modern fabric was used with vintage hankies.  Really pretty.  

Here is a close up of this vintage luxe heart....

There is older quilting white on white fabric, modern red and white damask, vintage rose hankies and nothing speaks like the timeless eyelet lace fabric.

So what else can you use this favored heart?  Take a look at the next one.  Recently I bought this rose petal fabric, which normally isn't something I would buy.  I set it aside for a few weeks, and suddenly it hit me....

What is it? You ask?  Well I decided to use a few different things with this one to make something special. You can see there are pieces of doilies, embroidered linen pieces, eyelet lace, cluny lace and modern lace, I also added a little bit of burlap to the mixture.  But Wait!  I didn't stop there....

I remembered that I had petite pompon.  So why not add a little around the edge.... Oh but I didn't quit there was more to do.... So I decided to make a.....

Beautiful Pillow!  I continued the trim around the pillow, stuffed it and closed it up (with fabritac fabric glue)...  The backing is burlap which is what I used on the back of the pillow to tie in with the little bit of burlap I used in the heart.....   Hummmm I wonder what I can do with this heart next?  Only time will telll...

Well I didn't stop there.... I found another type of design and decided to use vintage and modern type fabrics with it to, to coordinate with my heart pillows.  So here is what I added to my collection....

The floral from the envelope is a modern day vintage take on fabric, the upper portion of the inside of the envelope is actually a vintage hanky strategically place so the roses show around the inside. So what did I do with this one?



So this completes my trio of Valentines pillows....





Hope this inspires you to make your own pillows for Valentine's day.  All it takes is One Small Heart...

Please leave your comments here. I would love to hear from you...














No comments: