Monday, December 9, 2013

Granddog Sitting....

Never thought I'd refer to animals as Granddogs.... But I have 4 of them and a grand cat. LOL....
This past week we kept one of the granddogs because he is still a puppy and and not quite ready to be let loose like the others that will stay put when a neighbor can watch and feed them.  Finn (border collie) is not quite 1 yr and new to the family so he still needs watching... What a great 5 days my husband and I have had with him... He is a very intelligent dog.   His first two days he did have some mishaps, but honestly wasn't his fault because we were unfamiliar with his ways.  LOL.... But once he got to know us and we know him, he has been one of the greatest dogs, I've had the privilege of being around.  

I found out that a border collie is very, very intelligent. Probably the smartest dog I've been around. Even though, he really missed the children a lot, I still tried to keep him entertained.  I will be taking him home here in a bit and I know he will be missed quite a bit. I was able to teach him several verbal command.  So I will have to show him off when we get to his house.

One thing that I do dread is getting him in the car... That is one thing he was hesitant about, but once he was in the car he was fine, of course I had my husband helping with petting him and keeping him occupied.  We'll see how he does...

Enjoy these pictures of FINN and the other granddogs

 
 
Here is Patton, Petal, and Daisy (who has passed away since this picture)
Patton and Petal are full Boxers.  My DIL Peddy with the granddogs
 
 
Patton's personality.... LOL...
 
 
Zoe and one of my grandsons, Ethan
 
I thought I had a picture of Piwacket, the cat, but not able to locate one. I'm heading that way and will get a picture then.
 
 

No comments: