Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Christmas Past

I thought I'd share some items I've made in Christmas past.  I enjoy making and creating pillowcase dresses, day gowns, and other items for toddlers.  So here are a few that I've made in the past that was Christmas related.  Below is what I call a day gown made from a body suit and beautiful Christmas fabric.  I do not cut the bottom half of the body suit off because it helps keep the dress in place, but if it is easier for your to sew, then I recommend cutting it.  Make it the easiest for you. Also I don't use a box pleat but actual gathers. I also serge the ends and instead of sewing right sides together, I will lay right side of bodysuit to wrong side of fabric so it will look like a little lace on top and doesn't bulk up the rest.

 


 
One of my favorite PC dresses was this dress of Grinch.
 
 
Something else I did with my PC Dresses and that is to up-cycle jeans with patchwork trim to match with the dress. Below is a close up of the leg.  As you can see it is just plain cut pieces of scraps that coordinate with the dress and randomly sewn on the leg. If you want to try it, be sure that you open the leg inseam to above the knee.  If you are afraid to try and sew this, then you can either glue with Fabritac or HNB.

Here is another way to embellish the jeans too.... add a little ruffle.
 
 
or you can use yoyo's too....
 
I have found the key to having fun with being creative is really JUST DO IT, without too much thought.  Sometimes when you think to hard about something, then it might look too contrived.... Just have fun with it.   And Thanks for looking....
 

No comments: