Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Little Bit of Bragging.....

As I've mentioned before in my "about me", that I come from a long line of crafters/quilters/seamstress and more.... I'm thankful to say that this is being handed down to the next generation.  Now I will say that I DID NOT teach my daughter how to do this, but I can take some credit as an encourager to get her started.... So after 4 children, three of which are BIG IRISH DANCERs, a few years ago she started making Irish Dance Costumes for the girls and is now making a name for herself with her Irish Dance Costumes.... Here are a few pictures of her latest that she just finished.  It's beautiful.  Mind you, she doesn't use a pattern, but only measurements. (very talented for sure).... These dresses take about 3 weeks to make (approx. over 100 actual hours).  Who has that kind of time with 4 kids and all their activities and she, herself, teaches Irish dance in two counties away once a week.  Not to mention the dancers take dance in another state.  Whew.... just makes me tired typing all this. LOL....
So here are a few pictures of the dress.  She not only designed and put the dress together, (she does have an assistant to help her), but she also digitizes the embroidery designs. too....

here is the front of the dress with model....

 
close up neck detail....
 
 
back of dress with "cape"....
 
close up of cape and bow...
 
 
So there you have it! Beautifully crafted and designed Irish Dance Dress.  You can go on FB and like her page at Irish Charm Designs...
 
 
 

No comments: