Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Day Gowns and more...

I received a new customer who is expecting her first little girl.  She saw some of my work at the bank where I had a table set up with displays.  She came to the house to place her order and was totally overwhelmed by all the fabric and machines.   Once I found out what she wanted then came time to choosing the fabric.  I really love it when a customer gives me free rein on being creative, which she did and to make sure it was what she wanted I would always contact her with photo's. 


She gave me a months deadline which was perfect, since I've been really sick and have spent most of my time in bed.  Although I still have a week and a half before the deadline, I'm finished with everything, except one burp pad, putting a name on a hat and monogramming one bunting gown.


I knew the day gowns would take more time, so I decided to begin with them.  She choose a gray and white damask with yellow trim and bows.  Really turned out pretty. 


She wanted matching barefoot sandals.  So these match the hairbow with the gray floral in the middle.





The next item on the list was a black and white chevron day gown with red trim.  It really turned out pretty also.  Even though she didn't want the sandals, I added them for the photo to show what they would look like.




I will finish everything tomorrow and share with you all the completed baby gowns with burpcloths and  hats... 




No comments: